Sunday, 3 July 2011

Going AWOL

Hello everyone. Yes, it’s true – I am completely slack, and didn’t post an entry last week. It wasn’t me, he did it! *Points over to the left*

I’ll be honest, I got to Sunday night and just did not have the time to sit down and write. The part of my brain that does all my self-justification work promised me I’d do it on Monday night. Then Tuesday night. Then Wednesday night. Then he reasoned with me that I was already halfway through the week, so there was no point. This guy is particularly good at his job. He got the corner office very early on in his career.

He has also been working overtime over the past two weeks, because I fell victim to myself multiple times. He convinced me more than once that I was doing really well, so I could afford to loosen up a bit. Well, as I’m sure you’ve realised by now, I don’t do things by halves. I’d call it a full scale diet-mutiny. I ate out. I had booze. I had BREAD! And not just any bread – delicious, sugary WHITE bread. I still did my regular grocery shop and got my little meals all prepared, I just didn’t eat them consistently.

As you can imagine, this has not had the best effect on the numbers, and it has finally happened – I’ve gone backwards:

Weight: 120.3 kg

Muscle percentage: 37.3%

Fat percentage: 43.1%

Goal progress: 18.7%

Not happy, Jan! This is just completely unacceptable behaviour. Corner office guy has been seriously reprimanded for conduct which is in conflict with the company’s best interests. He’s on forced leave, probably fuming on a beach somewhere. The healthy food guy has TEMPORARILY been given his office…

One piece of seriously good news though is that the cigarettes are still gone, and showing no signs of returning. I had one evening when a strong craving washed over me (I was rather drunk, go figure) but once I stopped and examined the situation, the moment passed and I went on enjoying my night. I have an app on my phone which is quite interesting, you set the date that you quit, and it gives you statistics on your progress. For example, I haven’t had a cigarette in just over 3 weeks. I’ve saved $376, and did not smoke what would ordinarily have been 588 cigarettes. Apparently my circulation is improving, and my lung function is increasing.

I did also use the pool in my building this week – it’s a bit small to do laps, though. Hmmm, shall have to scope out local pools…

1 comment: