Oh readers, I am full of shame. The inevitable has happened, as I predicted (no, not The Rapture – that guy must be kicking himself now, eh?). This past week, I absolutely, positively, irrevocably fell off the wagon. I could lay the blame with the stressful week I’ve had, but I will cop it on the chin. My crimes are listed herein:
Drank alcohol 2 nights
Had 2 days where I didn’t actually eat ANYTHING (even worse than eating crap)
Had day off on Saturday, but also pizza on Wednesday, and bread on Sunday
Failed to give up smoking - spectacular, epic FAIL
As punishment for these crimes, the weight loss Gods have failed to smile on me as much this week as they have in previous weeks.
Weight: 120.1kg
Muscle percentage: 38.2%
Fat percentage: 39.2%
So from last week I’m down 1.8kg and the body fat has shot back down by 7.4%. I am slightly sceptical of the fat percentage measurement – maybe last week when I was on the scales I was unknowingly holding a tub of butter…? Anyway, I was expecting the numbers to be much worse than they turned out to be. All week I felt guilty, but too tired to care. I swear, the energy levels better improve soon or I’m going to go to the nearest bakery, stuff myself full of every kind of bread they have, then wash it down with a slushie. Maybe even TWO, Rowena! ;-)
Joking aside, I really am quite upset with myself that quitting smoking didn’t work. I didn’t even last a day. Not exactly the huge success that I was hoping for. I shouldn’t be too surprised, I’ve been a pack a day smoker for 8 years. I’ve tried patches, gum, lozenges, Champix, Zyban, nothing’s worked so far. THAT part of my brain - he’s huge. He stomps around and orders everyone else about. Thinks he’s king shit. He really does need to be put into his place, but no one has the guts (except the part that champions healthy eating, but as we all know, nobody listens to him).
I am just going to start again tomorrow, and keep going til it works. I’ve got two more aces up my sleeve. The first is a book that I was told about by a friend. It’s called Allen Carr’s Easy Way to Quit Smoking. It supposedly has magical powers. I actually once read about half of it, and found that cigarettes were starting to taste bad, and that I didn’t want to light up nearly as often. Of course, as with many of my past self-improvement schemes, I never finished it. This time, the book will be read cover to cover, and I will see if laser beams fly from the pages and vanquish the nicotine demon.
Loving your honesty. Still thinking of you daily in this struggle.
ReplyDeleteI had a SPECTACULAR eating fail today too. Pancakes for breakfast, fried chicken wrap for lunch and Japanese for dinner. Ba-BOW. That's my worst day in about four months.
As for the smoking - I know you have the power to do this. I know you do. x